Monday, October 12, 2009

Meh.

Today was just an overall weird, crappy day. And by "overall" I mean I can't really remember anything that happened before I got home from my last class at 4:00pm, so mostly just the last half my day was weird and crappy. I was supposed to buckle down and crank out as much of six page paper as possible. That was really all I had on my to-do list. The other million things that I need to work on are on a different list that I'm ignoring until I finish the paper. By 11:00pm I settled on the title page and introduction. Usually, I waste time because I'm trying to relieve stress, but some how I ended up spending the day getting more stressed because I kept wasting time.

By far, the most impressive use of my time today (and by "today" I mean the part of the day that came after 4:00pm) was the few minutes I spent composing a song on guitar. It goes like this:

(Two chord, cowboy sounding guitar strumming)
(In a low, Johnny Cash-esque voice):

"Well, I'm a cowboy through 'n through
I've got a gun on my belt and poop on my shoe

Oh.

I'm quick to a draw and slow to a bath
You'll probably smell me before you see me crossin' your path

Oh.
I'm a cowboy

I cuss like sailor, flippin' heck, I don't see why not
It makes me more manly, if you couldn't tell by my walk

Oh.
I'm a cowboy"

It's a work in progress, but I was pretty proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment